Thursday, May 12, 2011

Battle with the beast

The beast of yeast! I have been dealing with thrush the past 3+ weeks, horrendous. I've been trying to work on it naturally (you should see the arsenal on my counter of things I am taking for this) but this last Sunday Isaiah told me to go to the doctor. He said he didn't want to hear me sobbing as I nursed anymore. So on Monday I went and we were prescribed nystatin, granted I was already beginning to improve by Monday and I am just continuing to do so. I can even talk while nursing again! Latching on still causes a sharp intake of breath at times but cracks are beginning to heal - hallelujah!


Life has revolved around nursing and taking many many things for my thrush for a few weeks now, it will be SO good to be able to nurse without thinking about it. To enjoy it. I hope those days are coming soon.

3 comments:

Drea May 12, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

I had thrush with Owen, although I had no idea I did til after I had already thrown in the towel. It was the most unbearable pain, far worse than my labor...

I would tense up, shake, cry of course, it was terrible.

Glad you got something to get rid of it!

Zaiah 'n Lis May 12, 2011 at 12:13 PM  

Thrush is no joke, I was seriously wondering if I would be able to continue on nursing (which then made me extremely emotional). Glad to be on the road to recovery. -Lis

Ivanna May 14, 2011 at 9:33 AM  

So glad that you are doing better. And glad that Zaiah got you to go to the doctor... I can't believe how much pain you must have been in.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP