Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What Makes a Bad Mama?

Providence and I love to go to the library. We go weekly for the pre-school story time, and often will end up at the library at least once more in the week. Not only do we pick stuff out while there, but I also go online and special request things to pick up at the front desk. So every week we fill up with books, movies, and music for us both.

Since Providence has her own card I request all children things with hers, that way it frees mine up to get grown-up things. Every week up front as the librarian checks out each item, I pass them on to Providence and exclaim how fun it will be to read/watch/listen to it together.
This past library visit Providence had some things to pick up, Sense and Sensibility (the movie), and another movie called Diggers. As usual I excitedly showed them to Providence and talked about what fun it will be to watch these together.

Later that day we thought we would relax and watch a new library movie. I pulled out diggers and while a bit surprised again at the cover shrugged and turned on the DVD player, imagine my shock when somehow a blaring R rating was staring me down. I was horrified when I realized this was not the more kid-friendly Holes that I had mistaken it for.

4 comments:

Ivanna July 30, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

Oh no! I wonder what the lady was thinking while she checked your books/movies/music out. Nice title by the way.

Anonymous July 31, 2008 at 2:23 AM  

Holes, I've seen that I think. Isn't it about troubled kids that have to dig holes at a camp? We watched Heidi with Shirley Temple tonight. It was so cute! She made me think of Providence throughout the whole movie. Has she seen any Shirley Temple movies?

Drea July 31, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

oh gosh haha.. yikes.
We loved the movie holes. it scared caleb a bit tho. the lizards ...
he only watched like 1/4 of that tho.. and we didnt let him open his eyes during the lizard parts.

That movie Beowolf we got from the library was awful! we turned it off after the 1st 10 minutes. It was full of sexual things.. weird thing 2 was it was animated! like the animation that looks real but isnt.
I told Travis its a shame they made a classic into that!

Osanna July 31, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

Pretty funny. Your 3 year old daughter checking out R rated movies. Are they even supposed to allow that?!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP