Sunday, February 27, 2011

False Alarm

2am Saturday morning I awaken with contractions, an hour later although things hadn't progressed I was having regular contractions every 10 minutes and unable to fall back to sleep. Considering that both of my other labor and deliveries were about 4 hours from beginning to end I thought I should call my midwife, and make the other calls when I was unable to rest in bed through the contractions. I then lay in bed thinking about this little one I would be holding as the sun came up.


Then the sun came up, no change. My midwife suggested taking a walk so I walked around and around the block making calls and telling others it might be the day. While I definitely had stronger and more frequent contractions on the walk it would slow right back down to every 10 mins once I returned home. Mid-day no change, evening no change. I felt the fool alright every time I had to call someone to say nothings changed.

Finally around 8 two of my sister-in-laws decided to take their children home to bed. We then put our own kids down and watched a movie. I fell asleep around 10:30 and slept right on through (minus bathroom breaks) to the morning. I awoke to cramping gone and regular contractions gone.

FALSE ALARM! I didn't think my body did that.

5 comments:

Deepa February 28, 2011 at 2:36 AM  

Oh dear! to think you had to go through all those contractions and no baby out as reward! I walked to my labour and delivery room with my mom confident that i'd be sent back with false contractions. My doctor just wanted to check on me before she went out to her village clinic. She examined me and said "you're going to have your baby out by this evening!"and I did!!!! problem was I was so confident it was false labour that I hadn't even packed!!!

Sarah February 28, 2011 at 9:12 AM  

I bet it won't be long now though! It was definitely better to get your midwife there than to wait. Good luck!!

CAjohnsonfamily February 28, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

That happened to me with Asher. It's such a bummer when you think your little one is on the way, but then they decide to stay put. Praying for you!

Zaiah 'n Lis February 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM  

maybe tonight, that way Omah will be here, the baby was just waiting.

Osanna February 28, 2011 at 7:53 PM  

When I was working with Veronica she always said that the 3rd baby is different.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP