Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Way Moms Think

For some reason when you become a mom bodily functions become a daily topic of conversation. This is today's main topic of conversation so if you're not a mom I'm warning you. First though I'll share a quick picture that anyone, mom and non-mom alike, can appreciate.

Jubilee has been growing up so quickly since Asaph arrived. Overnight it seems. Here she is today hard at work doing her "school."
Now onto the bodily functions...This morning while preparing for Providence's school Jubilee came up to me pointing to her diaper saying "poop" I was excited (a very motherly thing to be) that she was beginning to understand this and asked her if she went poop. She nodded vigorously, but when I checked there was none. I asked her if she needed to go poop and she again nodded. So onto the toilet she went where she lost no time doing her business all the while turning around to check her stuff out. She was very proud, proud of filling the toilet and proud of emptying it with a flush. Not sure if this is a one time thing here or the beginnings of something beautiful, but it's made me think about poo all day.

3 comments:

Deepa April 13, 2011 at 3:58 AM  

Awesome!!

Sarah April 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

Yay Jubilee!! It's great when kids lead the way in potty training (the only way in my book). What a good sign!! Keep us updated on the progress :)

BTW- been meaning to ask, you are homeschooling Providence right? How is that going? What curriculum do you use? We have Ash in a private school and love it. Since she's a young one though I wanted to do enrichment stuff over the summer to keep developing her skills and was looking for some good advice from homeschooling mommas.

Ivanna April 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM  

She was so proud of flushing it down. I loved talking with her about it. I guess that means I'm a proud auntie. :) (AND ready to have a baby.)

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP