Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What's a Day, More or Less?

I have been meaning to post this short story for awhile now, but wanted to take a recent photo of Asaph to put up with it and haven't...so here's the story sans photo, but rest assured he's growing and still oh-so-cute in his little manly way.

An envelope arrived recently from the department of Health and Welfare, enclosed was birth certificate info that we need to make sure is correct. Since I like to read and verify these kinds of things (I typically I read any papers before I sign) I scanned over the facts

Name: Asaph blah-blah

Yes.

Sex: Male

Looking good.

Blah-Blah-Blah. Wait hold on there.

DOB: March 16, 2011

Ooops, he was born the 15th...

Unfortunately to have anything fixed on the birth certificate you need to have the corrections notarized. More unfortunately if the corrections happen to be the time or date of birth you need a signed affidavit from the birth attendant. They make this real easy for a gal who just gave birth. I called my midwife and she said she'd take care of it. I'm thankful because when I told Isaiah what we would need to do he said "Let's just leave it, it's only one day."

3 comments:

Sarah April 29, 2011 at 3:20 PM  

What a cute story to tell to Asaph when he gets older, lol!! Can't wait for a recent pic of the little man! (and the girls too, all are so adorable!)

Osanna May 2, 2011 at 3:45 PM  

Well, what is a day more or less. Besides, if you leave it he'd share a birthday with his very own Uncle Aaron. Which would be loads of fun don't you think?
xoxoxo

Becky or MomS/Gram May 5, 2011 at 3:08 PM  

Ha, that's funny. Let's just leave it, ha. So glad your midwife is taking care of that for you!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP