Sunday, February 17, 2008

Three Plus One Is Four

I love my sisters. They are my life-long closest friends; sure we fought in our younger years about important stuff like how close the bird cage should be to the edge of the table. But they have always been there for me, through the most joyful occasions to the hardest, never wavering there they stood. And I stand for them too. I love spending time with them, laughing ourselves sick by jumping on the bed or play wrestling, sitting on the couch all completely intertwined, not knowing whose leg is whose or what elbow is jabbing your back, there is something about the people that knew you when you were a kid that lets you still be a kid with them. I am having a wonderful visit with them, and will be sorry to see them go tomorrow; but I won't really miss them, and they won't miss me either. Sure we will look forward to phone calls, and seeing each other again; and there might be occasional twinges, but for the most part we have learned to not miss too deeply. I know we can always pick up where we left off and though I do desire to share our life with them (mine and Providence's), it doesn't need to be shared in an everyday kind of way. Would that be fun? Yes, and I certainly would welcome that should it happen; but we're big girls now and even have different family loyalties, theirs to our parents and mine to my daughter. I am so grateful to have sisters that no matter the distance or time between visits we can still fellowship as sweetly and part without heavy hearts knowing that God's hand is shaping all our lives. And three years ago we added a fourth sister, when my brother married his bride Kelsey.


CLARIFICATION: I of course have another sister because my brother-in-law Roger married HIS bride Rachel, however in this post I was talking about the mutual sisterhood the four of us share because we are all together for the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous February 18, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

I'm so glad your sisters got to come and visit! I bet Providence was so excited to see them too!

Anonymous February 19, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

I had so much fun with you guys! I am so glad to have a sister like you.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP