Monday, November 3, 2008

A Need For Speed

I got pulled over Saturday on my way to a baby shower, I'm sorry to say it's not my first time and likely not my last either. I've received 2 (or 3) speeding tickets, at least 1 parking ticket and a smattering of fix-it tickets but I have had my license for nearly 10 years.

I've always loved going fast, not a risk taking kind of fast, just a pleasant in control road eating kind of fast, let me tell you it was a sad day for me when I discovered my new car had an automatic shut off at 105. I'm admitting this because you see I am being sanctified, it's just a long hard road for me. If I was comfortable with the car and road I used to drive at least 20 miles over the speed limit nearly always. Since having Providence I've definitely reigned it in, but I guess still push the limit. I don't try to do it, it's my car...really, it wants to go fast.

On Saturday I was shown mercy, and have tried to take it to heart by using cruise control to keep my speeding ways down. I think what I need to do is one day go to the salt flats (or another such place) so I can speed to my hearts content.

8 comments:

Osanna November 3, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

The deep need for speed can get us into trouble... I am acquainted with the struggle!

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 4:42 PM  

The Salt Flats sounds like a great idea! Or how about going to a race track where you can take a race car for a spin around the track?

Ivanna November 3, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

I too know about how cars just want to go fast. But I've been working on it for nearly a year. It's going well, just set your mind to it.

Drea November 3, 2008 at 6:11 PM  

ugh.. i hate getting pulled over..
only happened once in my life..
2 months ago... almost.. and uh.. i had no mercy shown.

was going 67 in a 55....

and I never speed.. rarely... but that day i was in a rush and the kids were tired and cranky...

I blame them
LOL!

Kelly November 3, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Going to the race track sounds like a great idea to try to curb your need for speed. I can't help but drive fast either, better now that I've had kids though. However when we are back "home" in MI I know just where I'm going and find I revert back a little too easily. lol

Deepa November 3, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

For Indians, speeding tickets were only something you saw in hollywood movies...that is, until the past few years. But the traffic situation in my city is so bad, that even in places where there is no speed limit, you can only drive at 20 thanks to traffic moving at snail's pace!

Nessa November 4, 2008 at 6:18 AM  

The Race Track sounds like fun. Next time just say Officer i wasn't speeding I was Qualifying.JK. I can proudly say I never got a speeding ticket. I better knock on some wood.

big hair betty November 6, 2008 at 12:35 PM  

I think it is hilarious that you were speeding to a baby shower!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP