Monday, November 3, 2008

Today If You Will Hear

O Come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For He is our God; and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand. To day if you will hear His voice Psalm 95:6&7

I read this tonight while I was putting Providence to bed. It gave me peace in light of the election...or even in light our two party candidates, I am the LORDS and I will hear His voice, everything else just kind of fades away. Not in some crazy spiritual way, I do live here on earth, but my God is Lord still and I will serve Him.

If you hear His voice today you will be in His hand also.

When I voted yesterday I got butterfly's, yes I did and
today there is much to smile at, and life to live.

3 comments:

Andrea November 5, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

That is a great Psalm. Psalms is my favorite book and always has been. The one thing I realized is that this is not a God lead country and in the end God is our king and the one that we should give our allegiance too. Obama will not fix everything and people (especially here) seem to look at him as some kind of God or something. Creepy. Thanks for sharing that verse though. =D

Nessa November 6, 2008 at 7:35 AM  

I love the Psalm. I am praying our country and wish our new President Luck!

Becky or MomS/Gram November 6, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

I am reminded of this verse when I think of our new president elect:

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes. Proverbs 21:1-NKJV

Will definately be praying for him and knowing God is in control of ALL gives hope, comfort and inner peace.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP