Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween In A Nutshell (Or How 'bout a Pumpkin Seed?)

Peter Pans and Tinker Bells (that's us you know) treating began around 3, where all the downtown shops were handing out candy like it was ice on the hottest day of the summer. We walked around for about two hours collecting the goods before heading off the to next function.

Kelsey, (you know the one you just had a baby 9 days ago, and is up and about like some kind of super women) invited us to attend a church harvest party with their family, so there's where we were from 6-9. The kids had fun but it was so overwhelming to have hundreds of people around you (and I'm sure it didn't help any that I insisted that we do every single game). This harvest party had two incredibly large rooms, one filled with games and candy and the other with bouncy houses, bouncy slides, and a rock climbing wall (by the way you may not be able to tell but I italicized the S's so you would recognize that we're talking plural here, I want you to know just how big these rooms were that they could fit multiple bouncy structures). I was quite done when Providence decided that she wanted to try the rock climbing wall and we slipped into line (I must say with a poor attitude on my part). 40 minutes later we've advanced about half the line, yes that's 4-0! Pity me if you will. Kelsey (a life savor by the way) finally came over and convinced Providence to forsake the rock climbing (something I had been trying to do since the beginning) and enjoy a few other things.

Once loaded up at 9 I debated upon going to yet another party at a friends and Providence concluded that we should go. I really wanted to as well but I was trying to think about sleep, so I decided that if she fell asleep in the car it would be to bed with us both. Providence proved that with enough sugar in your blood your eyes won't close if you're trying, so off we went.We arrived there about 9:30 and enjoyed a bit slower pace, visiting and playing with the kids. Time flew away and we didn't leave till 11, but there was a sugar crash on the way home and Providence fell asleep.

To my horror upon returning home I found the bowl I left out filled with candy for the trick-or-treaters untouched. So now not only did Providence gather a bounty but I have that bowl also. I poured Providence's into a bowl and it filled up, right to the top. This is no ordinary bowl either, it's the biggest bowl I have.

Then this morning when Providence woke up at 0930 I went in to her to give a snuggle and the first thing she asked was "What have you been eating?" Busted, I had snuck a piece of her candy before breakfast.

10 comments:

Nessa November 1, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

You guys look so cute. Our daughters are the CUTEST TINKERBELLS ever. I love your costume. HAHA you got caught eating a candy before breakfast :).

Ivanna November 1, 2008 at 5:55 PM  

It sounds like you had a wonderful Halloween. I enjoyed tricker treating with the kids this year. I pushed the stroller and made sure everyone was keeping up.

Drea November 1, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

you are the prettiest peter pan ive ever seen. I LOVE IT!
And wow providence looks like shes 7 in that one photo w/ Kelseys kids.. SO CUTE!

Did u know my nick name was tink and tiger lilly as a kid?

Tink because I was so tiny as a kid
and Tiger Lilly because I was so dark, like an indian haha

Anonymous November 1, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

You all look so adorable! I'm so glad you had a fun Halloween and that your posted your adventures and pictures!

Sarah November 1, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

What a fun Halloween! That is so great that your downtown does that, it looked like a LOT of fun! Good for you two for partying it up!! Our candy bowl was practically untouched too, last year it was emptied. So we too have tons of leftover candy. I love your guys' costumes, what pretty ladies you are :-D

Deepa November 1, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

cute outfits! did you make them yourself?

The school I work in, being american, celebrates halloween sometime next week. Im planning to wrap myself in toilet tissue and carry a sign that says "mummy to be!" Howzzat?

Rosie November 2, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

Looks like you had lots of fun! Makes me miss you all out there in Idaho. I can't wait for our next visit

big hair betty November 2, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

Glad you guys had fun! The boys were being naughty yesterday as they were supposed to be taking a nap. I decided to go breathe some chocolate breath on them to remind them of the treat they would get when they woke up!

Anonymous November 4, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

I'm happy I got to see pics of Providence and you! Providence makes a very very wonderful Tinkerbell. :) See you guys on Sunday!

Deepa November 8, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

I was just looking at the pictures on this post again...after reading the one where she wants to get married....

She looks so grown up!!! I guess it has to do with having her hair put up!! But what maturity on her face!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP