Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oh the places we'll go

Well I did it. First outing with three chitlins all by myself. It went down pretty darn well too, despite the scattered showers.


Providence has soccer practice from 5:30-6:30, it's at a park less then 10 minutes away so I figured I would plan to leave at 5 (knowing that there would be some kind disaster like a diaper blowout causing me to leave about 15 minutes behind schedule). It worked like a charm and I was pulling out of the driveway at 5:10 (anyone else trick themselves like that?), as excited as I was to be running ahead of my real schedule (but behind my fake one) I was bummed to arrive at the park well over 10 minutes early and before anyone else...finding the middle ground of right on time is hard to do.

We sat in the car till the coach showed up and then I unloaded: first Providence she's easy and really she unloaded herself, then I put on my wrap and slipped Asaph inside. Last was Jubilee, who walked happily holding my hand, and boy did she seem big.

We played on the park structure while Providence ran around chasing soccer balls till it got too cold and rainy, for the last half hour the two littles and myself sat in the car while I nursed the boy and the girl pressed every button our pathfinder boasts. I had parked just so to be able to keep an eye on the 6 year old as well. Well done mama, well done.

I know am ridiculously proud of our hour long outing, and my meticulously executed plan, but I can't help it.

2 comments:

Zaiah 'n Lis March 31, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

oh how I love you!!!

Ivanna April 12, 2011 at 9:49 AM  

I feel really proud of you too. (I know this is an older post... but how cool that you arrived EARLY!) You rock!!!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP