Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Sweetness Of Family

Although I am close to my family, we're not the type that laments over long absences of each other. Of course I don't think I've ever gone over 6 months without seeing someone, and here I do have my older brother and his lovely family.

I remember soon after my marriage and immediate move to Hawaii I was a little surprised to find phone calls from my family a welcomed but rare occurrence. I was the first married of my siblings and had imagined myself to be a tragic loss for the family, even in the midst of their happiness for me. This was not the case however, and it seemed a pretty smooth transition all around.

Providence had the most difficulty with our move here, and though I think we're missed by my family a bit more this time around (something about the littles that pulls the at the heart) it's more or less the same thing. We miss each other but the real twinges are few and far between.

I'm having a bit of them now though, not too terribly, but I am most anxiously waiting for their visit in a month and to have the fun that all 5 of us together enjoy.

*Picture taken Christmas 2007*

4 comments:

Nessa October 30, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

Family is the best. I miss my family more now than ever. Love the Picture.

Ivanna October 30, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

Can't wait to see you, and yes the children do make a huge difference. Can you believe how different Uriah looks? Crazy!

Jenn October 31, 2008 at 5:17 AM  

We are only 5 hrs from our family and friends...we soooo miss them! =) It is always a great time when we get together.

Osanna October 31, 2008 at 7:15 AM  

Yes - the twinges don't come often. But they do come! I love you folks. I'm glad Providence misses me!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP