Monday, January 28, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes


The other day Providence and I went to the library and checked out a movie about Helen Keller as we drove home she was asking persistent questions, wanting to know why she was blind, why she was deaf, at one point she said "That was not good of God to make her blind" initially I was surprised by her statement because we have been talking about the goodness of God recently, but as I thought about why Providence would say that, I realized she was just stating how I had been living. I had once again fallen into the trap of living like it was not good of God to take away my husband, it was not good of Him to leave me here, it was not good of God in not allowing daddy and daughter to meet. But scripture says:


And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28


I need to live knowing the Lords goodness, knowing that He is working a good work in me. And as I live that, my daughter may see the Lords goodness alive and at work in our lives.

5 comments:

big hair betty January 28, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

Thanks for your posts Lis, I'm really enjoying them and am being challenged by them. And, what a very sweet room for Providence!!

Anonymous January 28, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

God is always so gracious and merciful with us! And Providence is learning so young from you that being sad is not bad, but a part of life sometimes. It is hard at times to remember God's goodness in all things when our memories and feelings overtake us. I know that in my lifetime, I will never understand why Joey had to die so young, but I also know that God's ways are higher than our ways, and that we cannot comprehend it all, but someday, we will know and understand. I am so grateful that you love the Lord and are bringing up Providence in God's love and His way.

Anonymous January 28, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

Word of caution.. I know all kids are differnt but we pretty much have regretted ALli watching Miracle Worker - Helen Keller story ever since. I think she was 4 or 5 and it was too much for her- she really had a hard time.. and still does at times slip into the being afraid of blind people mode. God has been good in helping her deal with the fear, but I never realized it could have such an effect..
I guess you never know until it happens and then it is too late. Images don't really erase from the mind.
:o)my 2 cents.. from some experience...Deb

Lis January 28, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

Deb- Thanks for the caution. We actually got an animated 30 minute DVD that Providence LOVES.

faithsalutes January 28, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

I love the little room, so cute. Your daughter sounds like a the brightest bulb!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP