Monday, January 14, 2008

P's and Q's

Lately it seems every time I get on the computer Providence insists on climbing into my lap and the kitten insists on walking round on the key board or sitting right in front of the monitor stalking anything that moves on it. It makes for some pretty interesting times of typing, or rather trying to type. While Providence sits on my lap she wants to press the letters too (of course) and her favorite is "P" (you know for Providence, apparently it's her letter). So I pull up Word documents for her obsessive "P" clicking and she fills it with line after line of "P's". When I take my turn of pulling up a window I was working on (ok, so sometimes it's not "work") she gasps "Where's my P's?" thinking her hard work may have been lost. I again show her that I can go between pages, mine and hers, and she, notably relieved, sighs "oh, there they are." All the other letters are in respect of the "P". "O" is right next to "P", "E" is not. Though today she did say "A" was next to "Q", well I thought she did anyway and was quite pleased to see her recognizing the importance of the other letters (they have feelings too). I praised her for noticing the "A" and "Q" together and she laughed and said "oh, no" graciously referring me back to the "P."

4 comments:

MomS/Gram January 14, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

Don't you feel so loved? Maybe Providence needs her own monitor? I guess a second keyboard might be good too for typing all those "P"s that then wouldn't hide away. How adorable!

Mason and Terri's Mom January 15, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

Hey Lis! (Andreas other friend Liz here)

MAYBE you can find a local thrift or consignment store and get her a little type writer! Use old mail (or the back side of old bills) to let her type her little precious hearts content of Ps!!!

The Es are mine! ;-D

Drea January 15, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

owh that kitten walking in front of the monitor stuff.. DROVE ME NUTS when we had Yuki :-)
but it was kinda cute. hehe

I really need to work on Calebs letters more. hes having a hard time with them.

Lis January 19, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

Liz- We'll have to share the E's

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP