Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tea for Two

As most little girls Providence loves Tea Parties, she has been hosting little ones with her babies, stuffed animals, and imaginary friends, for years now (and I know she's only 3 but if she started around 1, which she did more or less, that leaves 2 yearS of tea parties), so yes years of these little tea parties, with a smattering of them held by yours truly (you know with real food and drink). However after attending a tea party at my cousins house and Providence remarking "This is just what I imagined a Tea Party to be." I began looking for a child's Tea Set, one that was not plastic, with the idea that we could have regular Tea's. I have not found one that I would like to buy for her yet, our tastes differ quite a bit, but I imagine there to be one out there that she would think is pretty and wouldn't hurt my eyes. Last night after making cookies together, (if you can call it that, it was the cheating kind that you just place on the cookie sheet) she invited me to a tea party that she put on. She was an attentive hostess, asking, (in a very high pitch voice, as all tea partiers should) "Would you like more tea?", "How about another scrumptious cookie?" As I finished the last of my tea I thanked her for inviting me to the "Lovely Tea" in my high pitched voice, adding that I hope it wasn't an inconvenience for her, she answered that she did in fact have to work quite hard to put it together, which I think you are not supposed to disclose. One other complaint I have was that I noticed, although quick to offer, she was a bit stingy in the pouring of the tea for me, but quite liberal with herself, again something I am sure you are not supposed to do. So I guess we have some manners to work on when I find a Tea Set for my little English Miss.

4 comments:

Drea January 22, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

she is so grownie! love the tea parties... I bet Caleb would LOVE to play tea party with her even though hes a boy. :-)
Caleb doesnt really have any imaginary friends that I notice.. but he does pretend play a lot with his stuff toys or dragon toys. He has these two GIGANTIC SCARY looking dragons he got for his 2nd birthday.. their ugly as sin lol but he loves them.. and is forever role playing with them. so cute. (minus the ugly looks they have) heehe.

Anonymous January 24, 2008 at 7:08 PM  

Lis, I love the story. Providence is so cute! I also like that she is wearing my earrings... :) Keep the blogs coming! I LOVE them.

big hair betty January 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

I just saw a super cute tea set and will have to figure out where it was that I saw it. It is a bit too early to buy it for Gianna and while the boys would use it, it probably wouldn't last very long. I'll let you know when I find it!
sara

Anonymous January 25, 2008 at 11:46 PM  

What kind of material do you want the tea set to be? How fun to have tea with your darling little princess!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP