Monday, June 16, 2008

Sleep and Sleep

Flosha was spayed yesterday. We had talked about having baby Flosha's at some point, because I thought that would be a neat experience for Providence, however when Kelsey told me that they are euthanizing up to 30 cats (including whole litters and kittens) a day at the local shelter I decided to sign up to become a foster animal person (I won't say parent, because well...I won't be) instead. On my paperwork I checked kittens with momma and kittens without momma, so hopefully soon we will get to experience the cuteness of crying kittens. Why am I doing this to myself, don't I have enough with the cat and dog I already have? Sure do, but I think this will be good for us. And a way to help our community. I mean I know it's just animals (no they are not people too), but we should be taking care of them also (Proverbs 12:10).

Providence was very concerned about Flosha and her surgery and was asking about her all day, when she'd come back, if it will hurt, etc. I explained that the actually incision wouldn't hurt her because the Vet made her sleep before he cut her open. Providence pondered that for awhile before asking me if children are taken to the doctor while they are sleeping too.

2 comments:

Ivanna June 16, 2008 at 7:29 PM  

I wonder how scary that thought is.

Anonymous June 17, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

How cute. I wonder if she thought that in a comforting way or a scary way to be sleeping through a doctor's visit. What did you tell her? Wow, with kittens in your future, you'll be an ever growing family! Hope Flosha has a quick recovery!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP