Sunday, June 22, 2008

This Lord's Day

When you're rushing out the door all dressed and ready for church and only get a "click, click, click" from the key turning in the ignition it's not a very good feeling, in fact I would call it a down right bad one. This is my first problem with my car which I've had going on six years now. Well first problem resulting in it not starting. Hopefully a jump is all that's needed.

So there we were stranded, with no hope of rescue (as my brothers church starts a half hour before mine). One of my disappointments was I had actually done Providence's hair this morning, and now we're stuck at home, how vain is that? Don't judge to harshly. Honestly my week revolves around going to church. It's like my anchor and without it I feel like I am just floating through the next week. I know I can listen to sermons, read scripture and sing myself, but there is just something about coming together with other saints to fellowship and worship together, something I need.

I have been lagging in post's I know, my mind has just not been very clever but I found bucketfuls of pictures on my camera so you will have to suffer through my un-cleverness if you want to see pictures (and I have a pretty cute daughter so you really may want to).

Since we were stuck at home we did take a walk, which Mary Scot needed. And then Providence prepared me a feast.Providence is now caring for the litter of kittens we are fostering from the Humane Society. The momma and her babies were found stray about a week ago, they're 4 weeks old and the cutest things, we'll have them for about 4 weeks till they can be adopted. Momma cat is so sweet, I was prepared to have nearly feral cats but she is so gentle, and a good momma too. We get to name them, which as many well know, Providence loves to do.

Last Tuesday we turned on the sprinklers in the front yard and let the kids run though my bit-o-grass. One day I will have more, yes, one day you will be able to walk around in the back yard without shoes and it will look pretty, beautiful even, and not like some barren waste land. So after running around in the front yard (though it was really only Hope that ran around in the water) they took a rest. From oldest to youngest there are less then three years between these girls. Is it just me or does mine seem monstrous?

I went to a fabulous costume party this past week, everyone was dressed up. There was food, a contest, and a pinata what more could you want? We went in last years Halloween costume. Annnd Providence passed a milestone, she climbed a tree all by herself. I wish we had a tree in our yard that was big enough for her to get more practice in, but alas mine are still quite twiggy.
Kelsey was rather annoyed when I called them last night in a panic because I couldn't find the book I was in the middle of. But I really was in a panic because, though I owned this book, the library is not opened on Sunday's and I would have had to go an entire day without reading it. Thankfully it was found with much rejoicing and thankfulness to the Lord (yes my heart really was pouring gratitude to Him as I embraced my lost book).


My family is visiting in less then a week! Less then a week and my dad can make my clothes line (and other things from his "to do" list). I can watch movies with my sisters. I can take early morning walks while it's still relatively cool and Providence is sleeping. Oma can sing and read with Providence. Osanna can cook, Uriah can cook (and everyone else can cook too). The only damper is that they're leaving in less then two weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 1:33 AM  

Sounds like a dead battery. What a bummer you couldn't go to church, but Providence's feast looks wonderful! I love all the pictures!!! Have fun with your family! When they leave it will be time to come to Oregon for more fun!

Drea June 23, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

Car troubles are so annoying. Our old van use to die all the time.. but with us our church is only 50 feet from our back deck.. so we never worry with driving to church HAHA.. but I have been in that situation elsewhere.

Providence looks so cute with her hair done.. and I love the snowwhite photo.

Hope all goes well and you have a blast w/ ur fam

Ivanna June 23, 2008 at 9:36 AM  

I am so looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the family. I can't wait to meet Mary Scot. Also, I understand what you mean about Providence's hair. It was so cute. But it was also vain. Or can you be vain about how cute your daughter is? She looks more like her dad than you.

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

Lis!

Next time PLEASE call us! My husband and Father-in-law are quite handy in the vehicle department. And besides that, between all of us Forrey's we have 6 cars! More than enough to go around. Are you up and running now? I'm glad you were able to enjoy your Sunday anyway. I'll look forward to seeing you next week!
Oh, and I LOVED your costumes! Great fun :-)

Kristin

Momathon June 24, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

I agree that church is the anchor of the week. We've been goign with my mom here to a Catholic church, and thought the priest is a good preacher, it's just no thte same. We are looking forward to the fellowship we know.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP