Thursday, April 17, 2008

Almost Everyday

Some people have what is called a routine in the morning. Wake up, shower, get dressed, do hair/make-up, etc. I really admire these people, I am constantly wondering "how do they do it?", I feel like I am lucky to brush my teeth, of course I have to wake up, I have that down really well, back before I was married and had a kid, I worked at a Hilton in the restaurant. I had to be there at 0530 I think, I would wake up at 0515, do a very limited number of bathroom things (toilet and teeth), while walking out to my truck I would get dressed in the uniform I had laid out starched and ironed the day before, then drive the 10 minutes to work. I think I was late once because I ran out of gas (the gas gauge didn't work nor did the odometer so I was pretty much flying blind) someone did give me a ride to the gas station and back to my truck though, so I wasn't very late. Oh yeah, and one other time I was late because I was scheduled to work one day when I was in Hawaii visiting Joe, my manager had mixed up the days I was getting home. Anyhow enough digression...I also get dressed most days...it's the showering and hair and make-up that get me. How do people do it daily? I cannot blame this on my child either, she's old enough for me to do something without her for a half hour or more. In fact she'd probably like me to do it everyday since she usually gets to watch a movie while I shower, either that or take her much needed bath while I shower. They are right next to each other in my master bathroom so that works out really well.It's not that I'm a dirty person, it'd been a few days in the picture, sure I might not look amazing but I don't look dirty. I make sure I don't smell and stuff, showering seems to just be really low on my list of priorities, I plan to shower almost everyday but other things get my attention...and another day slips by...I won't tell you how often it actually gets done, lets just say I want to shower 3 times a week and I just can't seem to make it.

Off I go to a much needed shower...I hope.

5 comments:

Rosie April 17, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

I know exactly how ya feel. I always "plan for a shower" to. But I'll tell the days that I do get one in the morning, really start my day good.

Ivanna April 17, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

You know showers are over-rated?

Anonymous April 17, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

Once upon a time I showered first thing in the morning (and, on occasion, at night too). Enter first child...then it was mostly a daily shower but rarely first thing. With number two it was every other day. Now it's 6 kids and I think I average every third day. It's not a bad life and no one seems to notice...

Lis April 18, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

jj- If only I could blame it on six children. But I agree, it's not a bad life.

Drea April 23, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

showering...its sooo over rated! LOL~! I am seriously laughing through your post.

Now go shower...for you daughters sake!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP