Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mary Scot

Little Christmas kitty has been named, for a good month now. Flosha (long O). It's about time I thought, and have become quite accustomed to having a name to call her. Much to my horror this morning Providence started calling her Mary Scot. Mary Scot came from reading a picture book about Queen Elizabeth and how some people felt her cousin Mary the Queen of Scots was the rightful heir to the throne and so tried to kill Queen Elizabeth. It's not that I have anything against Mary Scot, I actually like the name immensely, I find it most charming. A month is just too long to try and change a name, besides Flosha seems to fit her well.

We were outdoors most of our gorgeous yesterday. Aaron brought over one of their goats to eat my weeds, though the poor dear hasn't done much. We also did some work outside gathering yard waste for the burn pile. We had a fire going and a yard beginning to dry up and so needed a hose to keep the heat down and fire from spreading. The hose + the hottest day of the year so far + children = playing in mud. Aaron made it even easier by digging out a little pit for the girls to play in. We've come a long way from the days of getting in trouble for digging a mud wrestling pit. Which we (me and my siblings) did make long ago, a huge one. It took us all morning to get the sticks and rocks out. It was alot of fun till my dad came home from work and we suddenly remembered that we were not allowed to play with water. We had conveniently forgotten in our high of the possibility of being covered in cool mud in the heat of the summer. Looking back we have a little more understanding with the bigger picture. There was a drought going on and houses would get dinged (or extravagantly charged, I just said dinged for my sister Osanna who loves to say, and hear, and probably read "dinged") for over water usage. We were soundly reminded to not forget again. True story. I was reminded of it when I saw my mud covered daughter.

When we went grocery shopping this morning Providence wore her little stuffed puppy Vinegar and I got to wear Joy, sorry no pictures of me, just know it was back carry of absolute cuteness, and I am so grateful for a sister-in-law that lets me baby fix with her kids. I can't wait for her number three...

Oh and we decided that Mary Scot would be Flosha's nick name, if Mary the Queen of Scots had any savage in her it may be an even better name fit.

5 comments:

Osanna April 29, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

Ah yes! Dinged the beautiful word.

Mrs. Schwager April 30, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

can you link me to the back carry video you learned from? whatever providence has going on looks great.

Anonymous April 30, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

Your such a fun mom! And how nice of Aaron to dig the pit for the girls! Providence looks so adorable covered with mud, and sitting in the greenery. Many weeds are so beautiful when they are green and lush. I've been weeding for 3 days now, our yard is way overgrown, some weeds being over six feet tall. Someone who lived here before us put plastic down on almost the entire yard back and front, with a layer of rocks and then soil, which makes weeding in most spots so much easier! Jim is pointing out to me the ones that turn into stickers that hurt barefeet and get burrowed into the dogs fur and skin.

FinaDrea May 1, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

i love how u wrapped the wrap on her. im not sure how to tie it that way. now wheres the pic of u wearing joy ? :_)

Drea May 4, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

now i see what u mean.. thats dirty! hehe what sandles does she have on?

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP