Friday, April 11, 2008

A Missing Piece

I skipped a blogging day. I've have been trying to write routinely, but the last few days just got away from me, as Providence would say "oh, sorry 'bout that."

We have been having rather cool weather recently, the other morning waking up to find snow on the ground! It warms up around 7PM when the children should be getting ready for bed, but instead they're playing outdoors. It doesn't get dark till about 9PM so it's hard to have early to beds, Providence will go on and on about the sun still being up. Thankfully blinds block out the majority of light.

One of the fish had babies while I was gone! Four have survived to grow large enough to not be eaten, I think. They still mostly hang out in the vegetation, so they might need a little more protecting. Unfortunately now there will be too many fish for the tank when these little guys get bigger, not sure what to do about that. But God provides for the birds so He can provide for these fish too.

The Johnson's are visiting for a week the kids have fun in the playroom with the dress-up corner and little kitchen, riding scooters around on the nice smooth concrete driveway, the huge new play structure outside(pictures to come later), but guess what their favorite thing is.That's right a box. Not that I blame them, I mean who wouldn't like a huge box?

While in California I was able to go to a Jason Mraz concert with my California siblings and two of the Suthys, it was really fun, especially the part about feeling really young and old at the same time. Young because I was pressed on all sides in standing room only singing along with the songs. Old because it didn't feel as cool as I remember it being and I kept wondering what all these little girls were doing out on a school night, till I remembered it was Friday. Thankfully though my heart is not as old as both of my sisters, who apparently had to walk around outside in the middle of the set because the noise and pushing people was too much. A fun night was had by all anyhow.

Yes, you can definitely tell they are not quite enjoying the bodies pressed together the way Alison and I could.

My poor dear brother Uriah
*have you ruined our relationship?*
is the only one not pictured, but he was also there that night.

5 comments:

Ivanna April 11, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

This was an awesome post. I guess I am older than you are, inside at least! You really could tell that you and Alison were enjoying yourselves more.

Deb April 12, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

I heard first hand about said concert.. and would have to agree with your analysis of the situation.
;O)
cute hair, Lis!

Alison April 13, 2008 at 12:31 AM  

such a fun night...Did Thomas tell you that we actually got to meet Jason Mraz after the show, and give high fives? It was super brief, so I didn't get a picture with him, or even an autograph, but the memory lives on...He was cool.

Alison April 13, 2008 at 1:10 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison April 13, 2008 at 1:11 AM  

ps - jason mraz is way a babe.
aaaaaand, you should be proud of me. i updated my blog.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP