Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mango Seeds

I have been trying to make a weekly schedule for ourselves, while still being flexible. AND trying to spend less money since it has been extremely tight lately. So no more out to eat, no more new clothes just because. Not that I buy myself new clothes often, it's Providence really that I have to watch out for. She's always trying to swindle all kinds of cute dresses and new swimsuits and adorable toys she can't live without from me.

So how is it working so far? Well the schedule still seems to be more flexible then set, and I am still choking on all kinds of monthly bills, albeit they do seem to be going down.
It's just so fun to buy things that you know beyond knowing, will look good on the person you are buying it for...like kids, they don't need dressing rooms. And well, let's face it I just love buying my daughter things. Sometimes I wonder if I want to give her things money can buy because I can't give her things money can't buy, like her father back.

Weirdly I actually think it's good for kids to lack in the material things, not as in they don't have enough to eat or wear, but that they don't get everything they want...and a whole lot they didn't even know they wanted. In fact I can't really remember the last thing Providence asked for, I always get things before she can truly want it, much less work for it. I was quite proud of myself the other day when at the end of shopping I put back two unnecessary things, one was a bathing suit for Providence, who does have one; that does indeed fit her. And the second a life vest, that Providence, in fact, does need. To go on Uncle Aaron's boat; but I figured we could get one alot cheaper at a second hand store. Providence was sad to put back the things I had put in the cart and encouraged her to be excited about, but she didn't pitch a fit and she seems to still love me just as much. So here's to hoping next time I don't even put them in the cart.

8 comments:

Ivanna April 23, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

How did this get titled Mango Seeds? I thought there was going to be something about a dream or at least something about mangos. I was actually eating dried mango when I read it. Kind of cool huh? And I liked the post.

Rosie April 23, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

I always seem to put thing back nowadays after they have made it into my cart to. The closer I get to the cash register, the sooner reason begins to set in. Mango seeds? you'll have to explain

Anonymous April 23, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

I'm curious about Mango seeds now too!

I feel the pinch also in spending. Seems like the price of food has gone up a lot. I'm going through withdrawls at not being able to spend so liberally as I used to. It was great fun for a while and now I have to start saving for things again. Not as fun. I like to shop online more than in stores, so I put all the things I want in the shopping cart online, and then empty the cart and leave the website. I feel pretty good doing that, saves a lot of money, but still gives the feeling of shopping (sorta).

Alison April 24, 2008 at 1:24 AM  

yeah, I am also wondering about this "mango seed" title...Not one thing about mango seeds in the whole blog! Yeah, I have been not spending much lately...Seems like everyone hasn't..Hmmm, maybe that's why we're going into recession!!

Lis April 24, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

OK so apparently the title has to have to do with the post...I was planning on equating choking on bills to chocking on Mango Seeds, which is a family joke (the mango seed part) but never got that far and left the title. Sorry for the confusion I caused, and in the future the title may or may not have to do with the post.

But I will endeavor to make them match.

Ivanna April 24, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

Thank might be a good idea. But maybe I just started it by being the first comment and saying something about it?

Ivanna April 24, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

Did you read my last comment? "Thank might be a good idea?" Don't really know how that happened. I was in a hurry, but what I really was saying is I think it's a good idea to have the subject go along with the post. Love you!

Anonymous April 26, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

I've never seen a mango seed before. I just bought a Champagne Mango at the grocery store the other day to see if it was any good, but also to see what the seed looked like. I have had mango once and didn't like it, so thought the champagne variety might be better. Well it tasted like wood to me, I didn't especially care for the flavor. But Jim thought it tasted like a cross between a peach and a pear and he liked it. He didn't taste the 'wood' flavor at all. So the seed is very interesting! It seems like it should be good for something. Like maybe a very soft body scrubber. It the strangest seed I've ever seen but ever so soft! So I did a mango seed browser search and this blog came in 3rd on the list of websites for mango seed. Isn't that so strange?

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP