Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What No Pictures?!!

Yesterday evening we got some rain, big ol' fat raindrops pouring from the sky. With the rain came lightening and thunder, I didn't actually see any lightening, only heard and felt the thunder but I know there were bright streaks across the sky multiple times (because you can't have one without the other).

So here comes the no pictures part (because, yes the title DOES have to do with the post). I was enjoying the rain and cooler weather sitting in the open doorway of my front door while catching up with a friend I haven't spoken to in months, when I realize that my daughter is dancing around in the rain. It was one of those things that you saw but didn't process till it was too late. I saw her walk past me in the doorway, continue past the overhang, and begin a combination of swaying, dipping, and running around in the pouring rain. It just didn't make it's way to the processing part of my mind till minutes later, by which time the rain had done it job soaking her to the bone, or at least her clothes (side note: she was quite concerned when I used the phrase soaking to the bone...and really no wonder our kids get confused sometimes with these silly phrases). So I let her continue her rain dance for the next half hour while I chatted on the phone. Unfortunately I didn't even think to get pictures till this morning which was clearly too late, we can't even recreate it because Mr. Sun is back.

3 comments:

Anonymous May 21, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

What a beautiful picture you have created with words. You are truly gifted with that ability. Don't even need a picture to see it, although that would have been great too!

Brittany Martin May 21, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

That's funny--at that exact moment I was on the phone with my mom in Boise. She said, "Oh, look! It's raining." And then a few minutes later, "Well, I guess it's done raining!"

Ivanna May 22, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

Love the story.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP