Monday, September 22, 2008

A 4th Birthday Party

The party went fantastically, even with the torrential downpour, if I do say so myself. Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures, in fact I didn't take any pictures. Kelsey kindly did take some, though when I was looking through the ones taken I found more of her children then anything else (I don't blame you too much, first of all I wasn't clear that I wanted you to take pictures and secondly we all know your kids are pretty darn cute). So back to the party- for those unaware we had a Helen Keller party. Providence, who thinks Helen Keller is amazing and will often pretend to be her, has been requesting a Helen Keller party for ages (that's about 6 months to a 3 year old). Having never been to a Helen Keller party we had to get a little creative, I did rule out putting blindfolds and earplugs on all children as they entered pretty early on. The end result of my deliberations was losing one sense at a time. First sight: we did that with a game, I put some common objects in a couple of boxes and cut a hole to put your hand in to guess what the objects were by feeling alone. Next hearing: which I didn't actually try to take away, instead we all learned to sign the song "Happy Birthday" while we sang. We also had cupcakes to decorate, and rooms to play in. I had a great time and hope that everyone else who attended enjoyed it as much as I did.

After the party it was very much necessary to parade some of the new fashions acquired. And then just as necessary to parade around naked in the rain.

10 comments:

Anonymous September 22, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

Aww she looks to cute in the Dress. I am glad to hear her party went well. as for the naked pic, i dont know if its appropriate to say but how cute. Kayla tries to go out in the rain without clothes on.

Katherine September 22, 2008 at 2:36 PM  

Yay for being 4! Looks like a blast!

Brittany Martin September 22, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

Good job at planning a "Helen Keller" party. I would never know what to do for that!

Anonymous September 22, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

I would have loved to be there!

Ivanna September 22, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

So cute. It sounds like you all had fun. I can't wait to see her. She'll be four then!

Sarah September 22, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

Happy 4th Birthday Providence! She is just too flippin cute :) I'm glad the party went great. What unique girl to request a Helen Keller party- and I mean that in a great way! And what a creative mommy to think of all those fun games. I bet the kids- and everyone else, loved decorating their cupcakes! When Ashley gets older I'd like to do something like that. Ashley has been watching this one episode of Sesame Street on our digital on-demand where they sign Happy Birthday and she always asks to sing/sign it- she does quite good for a 2 year old :) Glad you survived the party!

big hair betty September 23, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

That party sounds awesome!! Very creative! Happy 4th Birthday Providence!!

Deepa September 23, 2008 at 11:26 PM  

A Helen Keller Party! Creativity runs in the genes i see! The food looks yummy too!

Happy Birthday Providence! You are one blessed little girl!

Drea September 24, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

hehe that umbrella pic is 2 cute! wish we could of been there...

Andrea September 24, 2008 at 10:55 PM  

I love your cupcake set up! It looks so great! Also Providence looks so flippin cute in both pics but I love the dress! Happy b-day Providence!!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP