Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Day Late And A Dollar Short

This past week was dreadful, I mean there were bright patches throughout and it certainly ended remarkably better then it began, but it was still a hard week. One of the hardships was losing a library movie, now don't laugh, it was very distressing to me. I hate misplacing things and misplacing things that don't belong to me is really up there on my stress-o-meter, that combined with a few other misplaced items, oh yeah and the constant whining of my daughter, a broken vacuum cleaner and just feeling out of sorts made for a rocky week.

Towards the end it did start start to smooth out. The vacuum wasn't really broken, just clogged, Saturday a number of men from my church came over and installed sprinklers, then that evening we spent an enjoyable dinner at a friends home. Plus I ended up making it a point to try to enjoy my daughters company more. It can get hard sometimes when it's just the two of us day in and day out, and yes sometimes I need to force myself to enjoy her.

This week we seem to be doing better, I feel like I have more to give, and therefore can handle more. Which strangely makes there less to handle. Yesterday I decided to just pay the lost fine at the library while I was there, even though it wasn't technically due till today. I had searched my entire house and car and felt like there was a weight hanging on me, a shadow over my head, I wanted it released.

Well guess what Providence found 1 hour after returning home?

6 comments:

Erin September 16, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

Lis! This post made me tear up. I can't believe I'd never thought much how hard it must be to be just you & your little one. I know you love her so much, I'd never really thought that way. But, as a mom, I know how true that must be! I am praying for you today! XO

Beth September 16, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

You had to know that if you payed the fee you would go home and find it. That seems to be how life works out.

Momathon September 16, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

That's the magic way of finding a thing, you know: giving up and calling it lost.
I feel your pain in this. Personally, I am a bit prideful about having "a place for everything and everything in its place." Every now and then I get knocked off my high horse :-)
I also found a DVD this week 2 days after reporting it lost.

And yes, soemtimes we have to smile and convinvce ourselves to enjoy our job--no matter what that job is.

Sarah September 17, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

Sorry you had a rough week. I definitely know the feeling of forcing yourself to stop and enjoy your child's company. When you are with them day in and day out it is easy to take the time you have with them for granted, even when you try not too. I am glad this week is going better!!

Katherine September 18, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

Hahaha I read this and it reminded me of a little library dilema I once had...and I also remember you guiding me in the right direction as far as owning up :) I have found a movie after paying as well.

Deepa September 19, 2008 at 3:12 AM  

oh! My last week was something like yours, where something seemed to go wrong almost everyday! Last night, I just had throw my hands in the air and say "Lord! I cant do this on my own!Help!!" Sure enough, today's been much better and tomorrow, the weekend will be here! hurray for that!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP