Friday, September 26, 2008

Boys and Girls

I am totally having writers block with the Friday Letters, I know what I want to say, at leas how it feels, it just isn't getting from my mind into something readable. So instead of staring at a blank page trying to pry words from my mind I will take a purposeful break this Friday in lieu of spending all day thinking that I need to get something down.

I decided this when my daughter innocently told me that Snow White hates Sponge Bob (apparently a very wicked sponge) but didn't know how to kill him, still quietly musing about it her face suddenly lit up considerably and she exclaimed "I know she can get a gun!" Her infrequent "let's kill it" attitude, like growling out "I'm a Princess Captain, and NEVER nice." has perhaps given me a small glimpse of what you mothers with boys go through daily, fighting, killing and mayhem. Don't get me wrong I can sword fight with the best of them*. I also can make killer lego rifles, and can make explosion sounds with my mouth. I just like being able to have tea parties, watch my daughter "nurse" her baby, and play pretty dress-up too. There's a reason boys and girls are different, and yes they are different no matter how similar you try to make them.

*Disclaimer:
I can sword fight with the best of them - that is a blatant lie, I cannot sword fight with the best of sword fighters, I can however turn miscellaneous household objects into swords and swing them around while enjoying myself.

3 comments:

Ivanna September 26, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

Love the post. I know boys and girls are so so so different! I get so excited when I see something new here.

big hair betty September 27, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

I'm jealous you can make explosion sounds! I've always been horrible at it. My jet fighter sound isn't that bad though.

Momathon September 28, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

Yes, they are GLORIOUSLY different. It's also a treat to see a little bit of the other gender's behavior, too. What a great post!
I'm firmly in favor of girls who can sword fight and make explosion sounds while pushing a stroller or play nursing. And very fond indeed of boys who can be sweet and take gentle care of a kitten after having killed off lots of bad guys.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP