Friday, August 15, 2008

Baby Love Letters: Part II

Photobucket
Q: What is my favorite memory of a summer day?To try and whittle favorite summer memories down to one is nearly impossible. I've had fun lazy summers with Aunties and Uncles, travel filled ones- in which I visited 9 countries in 6 weeks, or been on road trips, summers with births, summers with bikes, I've even had wasted summers (which don't particularly make it in the running), but I think my favorite summer memory is a fairly recent one, four years ago to be exact. The summer I was pregnant with you.

Since your father was deploying soon he received his pre-deployment leave in June of '04, with nearly everybody else in the Battalion traveling home for their leave we spent many glorious days without seeing anybody but each other. We went snorkeling, miniature golfing, to movies, on walks...but most days we spent at home playing cards, I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life, or been that euphorically happy. I'm glad that in a small way you were able to know me then, to hear that laugh...the laugh your father gave me.

Though this memory is not specific, where I can write in on paper to share. My heart can still at times catch that feeling I had during those days, as if my heart had wings and could never come down. Unable to stop smiling. How different my smiles feel now.

I love spending summers with you, eating melon, going on picnic's, hearing you squealing with delight when some water makes its way to you on a hot afternoon. I hope each summer will become more memorable for you, not so much what is done, but the happiness shared. And I hope that you will one day experience a summer as rapturously blissful as the last one I shared with your dad.



5 comments:

Drea August 16, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

awe I love these post... very sweet and always touching. Thanks for sharing. Curious tho.. where do the questions come from?

Momathon August 16, 2008 at 11:31 PM  

Thank you again for sharing a glimpse of your life.

Lis August 17, 2008 at 12:31 AM  

Drea- Just click on the "Friday Letters" at the beginning of my post, it's a link and it has all the questions...

Anonymous August 17, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

I'm so glad you two (really three) had that special time together. What a beautiful memory.

Anonymous August 20, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

Lis
Reading your friday letter so makes the friday letters blog worth the effort.
Bev

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP