Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Words And Their Teachers

You know how words don't seem so wrong till they come out of your child? Lately Providence has began using the adjective stupid. Each time this comes out of her mouth I wince, it sounds so un-childlike. I am not entirely sure where she picked this up, though I think I may be able to once again blame Auntie Iv (she's taught her all her other "bad" words, like butt and po-po). The evidence I have against her is this: This morning Providence asked me to tell her a story, one that Auntie told her, though Auntie thought it was stupid after, Providence didn't. I then vaguely recalled the story and Ivanna at the end of telling it, admitting that it was kind of stupid. So there you have it. Yes I am presenting evidence with the words of a three year old who told everyone I was busy picking my nose when in fact I was scratching my nose, the bridge of it not in it, (it was peeling slightly from a sunburn). So finger pointed, blame shifted, thanks Ivanna for adding another such colorful word into my daughters vocabulary, glad we can still get doses of you from far away.

3 comments:

VGS August 27, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

this picture of her is precious! she's really changing from a baby to a little girl! i got in trouble once for saying "fart" in front of Rachel's boys...apparently it is "passed gas." oops! we aunties don't know these things. :)

Anonymous August 27, 2008 at 5:58 PM  

What a cutie pie!

Ivanna August 27, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

You're welcome.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP