Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Starting Early

Providence loves the phone, recently she learned about hand free headsets and she's sold. She will ask to call someone, then once I dial and someone answers she will go off on her own for a loooong time. The longest has been just under two hours. Mostly she calls Oma, Grandpa, Aunties, and Uncle. They each bring something to the table, grandpa feeds Oko (Providence's duck that is back in California) so she gets to hear her quacking, Oma will read books over the phone for HOURS, Uncle tells many stories, and Aunties converse and remember things with Providence.

As much as I'm sure my family loves these conversations, I have started to feel bad for them now that
they became a daily occurrence. I mean it just eats up the morning. So when Providence asked something about Grandpa Jim (Joe's dad) I suggested that she call him to ask him herself, she was off in a shot for her headset. Unfortunately he was working, but Providence was nicely consoled by talking with Gram for a good while and a promise that Grandpa Jim would call the next day.

I wonder what it will be like when she's a teenager, she's already on the phone more then I am...

3 comments:

Anonymous August 13, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

I so enjoyed visiting with Providence on the phone the last couple of days! She is growing up so fast! She sounds so mature and she is charming to talk with! Grandpa Jim loved it too!

Osanna August 13, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

It's pretty sweet to get calls. You are right they can eat up the morning. But seriously... who wouldn't want the morning eating that way?

Ivanna August 14, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

I especially love it when you have told her a huge number of stories and she starts telling them back to you with one slight change. That is that she has put herself as the main character. It cracks me up every time.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP