Sunday, August 3, 2008

Years Past: Part III

Many moons ago I was a little girl. Providence loves hearing these long ago stories of when her mom was pint-sized herself. She finds it incredible that I was once her size.As a girl I sported long hair as did all the females in our family. My father loves long hair and he and my mom decided we (the girl side) would all have it if he took care of it. As a child my biggest desire was short hair, but I have learned the beauty of long hair and actually prefer now myself.

I am sure my mother did at times need to brush our hair but I can recall my dad doing it mostly, in fact I can recall him spending most of a night brushing out one of our heads (which had formed a kind-of dreadlock), when everyone else just wanted it cut off to save the trouble. He still brushes my moms hair daily, it's something I remember him doing my entire life.

Wild children we were. Me less so then my twin sisters, but still wild enough that after having my hair brushed out every morning it was a knotty mess by the time I had walked to school (I attended a Private Christian school through 3rd grade, and then home-schooled through graduation). I recall one day having a friend (
one with really fine hair that has never seen a tangle) over. I had my hair brushed right before she arrived and as I walked out of my house she said quite amazedly "Your hair is really pretty when it's brushed. I didn't know you did that."

4 comments:

Ivanna August 3, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

Awesome! "I didn't know you do that." And I remember crying most of that night. It was painful. Oh did I tell you that one of my students that I saw last week said "I like it better long." in relation to my hair cut?

Anonymous August 3, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Ha, that's funny! I lived next door to a girl who I thought never brushed her hair. Then one day while at her house, I saw her mom brush it out. Within 10 minutes it looked unbrushed again.

What a great story!

Osanna August 4, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

I remember those days...

Jillian August 4, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

Your such a good story teller i enjoy your blogs

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP