Friday, August 1, 2008

Baby Love Letters: Part I

Awhile back I was sent a book from Claire (who owns Bambini Boutique) called Held in the Arms of Love. After all this time I still have not begun writing in the book so I thought I would give myself another warm up by doing "Friday Letters" These will be written to Providence, and published here to share words I want to gift to her.

Photobucket

Q: What have you learned?
You have learned boys and girls are different, not only are girl things prettier, but boys don't always like to be princes, while girls are always ready to be princesses.

You have learned about pregnancy and birth, nearly daily you find some new item to deliver, not just dolls but rocks and beads too, even flowers or blades of grass. Nothing is too small or insignificant for you to labor for, and you love each baby fiercely (though most new mamas wouldn't let someone, even the grandma, "borrow" their baby which you did with your most recent rock baby).


You have learned to desire to please not only myself but also our Lord, I can hear your sweet three year old voice asking "Is the Lord pleased too?"

You have learned the letter "P" is for Providence, and excitedly point it out whenever you chance to see one.

You have learned giving can be just as fun as receiving, you often present me with special somethings, and you can now be well counted on to provide handfuls of wildflowers when available.

You have learned to work through shyness, being friendly is important. Even a smile can bring someone joy, and when we refuse to offer that token to others that is selfishness.

You have learned life isn't always happiness, you seem so young to know death as intimately as you do. And though I know you cannot understand it completely you are well acquainted with it. You know life means death too, and with that knowledge you can live it fully, knowing this is the time God has given you.

I am blessed to see your mind comprehend new things, and I know as you grow and mature not only with your life be richer but so will mine.


6 comments:

Natalie August 1, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

Hi Lis,

What part of Idaho do you live in? Most of the spud farms are between Blackfoot and Idaho Falls, in case you were dying to know :)

I noticed in your profile that you're the widow of a Marine. I don't know how long your husband has been gone or how you're doing emotionally, but my heart goes out to you for the sacrifice you both have made to our country. My husband is in the Nat'l Guard and did an 18-month stint in Afghanistan four months after we got married. I have no idea what it's like to be in your shoes, but I'm glad that you have your faith to carry you through. Thank you again :)

Ivanna August 1, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

Nice letter to Providence. I hope you try to write it down too. It's always so special to see the hand writing to go along with it. Love you tons!

Anonymous August 1, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

Your letters to Providence will be so precious to her one day. What a wonderful gift for her. Your the best mom in the world, and Providence is so blessed to have you for a mom. And I'm so blessed to have you for a daughter-in-law, and Providence for a grandchild!!!

Drea August 1, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

The giving birth to blades of grass is just priceless! how sweet that you are writing these things down.

Anonymous August 2, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

It's beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to get started writing to Providence. It will be such a precious gift for her. Miss talking to you!

Michele B. August 2, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

Hi Lis,

How wonderful to find the great-granddaughter of my favorite author! Please email me at mstitches@comcast.net. I'd love to "talk" to you!

Michele

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP