Friday, October 10, 2008

Baby Love Letters: Part IV

Photobucket
It's been over a month since I've written a love letter to Providence, if what's in my heart can't get through to my head I'll just have to stumble along.

Q: How do you stay flexible when changes come into your life?

I have always greatly admired those flexible among us, ones that bend over backwards yet you wouldn't know they do. One particular woman and her family shines as an example to me of hospitality and flexibility, among other things.

When your father died, I was like the walking dead. It seemed like I was in a fog and couldn't see anything clearly, I couldn't even understand what people were saying sometimes. That first trip back to California for the funeral was hard, walking in my dreamlike state while all these strangers around me not knowing what I was going through. Wanting nothingness, quiet and nothingness. I didn't want to hear the everyday life of others, mine had ended and to see others go on was agony.

Knowing that my parents home would be a flurry of activity some friends offered their home as a base for me, a place to stay and keep quiet for me. At the time I just went where I was told and slept on the bed provided. Looking back I see how incredibly flexible this dear family was, having literally just moved into their home and experiencing two back to back miscarriages within months, they still saw a need and gave their own room and bed to fill it.

Those who can look outside themselves in the midst of their own pain and huge changes are truly selfless people and I cannot pretend to be in that class, but by and by, as the Lord works, I may one day.




Hua and Karl, you are a beautiful illustration of Christian love, thank you for being in our lives.

6 comments:

Nessa October 10, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

Aww Lis this story made me tear up. You are a strong women and Providence is so lucky to have you as her mommy

faithsalutes October 10, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

So beautiful to have friends.

Drea October 10, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

I wrote my 1st love letter today... Im not sure i did it right tho and ur write so much more elegant than me!

Jenn October 10, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

Thank you for sharing your love letter with us...you are an amazing woman of God. My eyes filled...

Andrea October 10, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

Liz this is such a great letter. Your daughter is going to be so blessed one day to read over these letters and not just have memories of how much you love her, but these letters with words from her own mothers heart to read and remember your love by. I'm so doing these when I have kids!

When my dad passed away I remember we had a family that really reached out to us and basically cared for me, my brothers and my mom while we walked through that same kind of zombie/fog like state in the first couple weeks after his death. It's really amazing how God places us in each others lives right when he knows we will need each other. And even through out the years after my dad's death, God still sent other people and families into our lives that really supported us. As you know our families spent a lot of time together when we were kids/teenagers and I'll never forget that. God never stops putting people in our lives when he knows we need them. Pretty cool stuff! =D

And one last thing. I told my mom that Providence is in ballet class now and my mom wanted to know if you think Providence would like a ballerina outfit for her baby doll?

Lis October 10, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

Andrea- Providence would totally love to have her baby be able to dress up- and post something already [= Are you home again?

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP