Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beginning to End



When your day starts with finding cat vomit all over the floor of your bedroom, and then (before that's even properly cleaned up) discover your foster kittens, however cute they are, have defecated in the bathtub and tracked it all over the bathroom, it looks like bad beginnings, especially when you need to be out of the house by 10 which seems to be tricky for me even on a good day (boy how's that for a run-on sentence). And this right after I publicly announced my preference for these creatures.



The morning held no shadow over the rest of the day however, and we enjoyed overpriced pumpkin picking with some friends. The price included the hayride and any pumpkin you could carry out, with age based prices. I figured I could make up for my expensive "adult" pumpkin by encouraging Providence to pick a big "small child" priced pumpkin, the catch- she had to carry it herself, any help by an adult would result in an adult price. So her large could-barely-lift-it pumpkin got downsized on the way back to the wagon...twice.

Photobucket




The day finished up nicely, Kelsey was over all day doing laundry (since her machine was leaking), it encouraged me to get down to business about my pile, which though clean had been sitting around for weeks waiting to be folded and put away. I wish I had a picture to show you the monstrosity that was this pile, but you'll just have to imagine, if you can. And I finally put up the flag cases housing the flags I received at Joe's funeral. I didn't find a stud first (sorry dad) I hope they don't come crashing down on my head.

Photobucket

I'd say in the end the day was redeemed.

9 comments:

Ivanna October 16, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

It sure sounds like it was. I also like cats a lot, but waking up to a mess is SO frustrating! I love the picture of you and Providence. You both look great.

Deepa October 16, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

What a beautiful picture of the two of you! I'm glad your day was redeemed in the end!I wish we had all four seasons here in India!

In the state where I live, We do have 4 seasons, but they are hot, hotter, hottest and rainy. :(

Sarah October 16, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

I do love fall weather (just not the impending winter). Glad your day turned out to be a positive and fun one! You and providence are so flippin adorable! I like Joe's flags, good job miss carpenter! I hope the kittens are better tomorrow!

Nessa October 17, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

Sounds like you has a really busy day. Love the picture of you two. Providence looks so cute carrying that pumpkin.
Lucky you, you get to wear long sleeve clothes. I am still in Carpi and Tanks, flip flop

Drea October 17, 2008 at 10:43 AM  

oh ugh... the kitten poop and what not.. gross. they sure are cute. they remind me of yuki in ohio.

glad you all had a great day ! love the pics...
and the flags look great...

::I never find studs::

Courtney October 17, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

I swear our house has no studs because we can't ever find them! The flags look great though and I'm glad your day turned out to be great! The picture of you and your daughter is too cute.

Brittany Martin October 17, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

Providence is pretty strong! I'm impressed by the "child-size" pumpkin she netted!

Anonymous October 19, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

Chances are pretty good that you have a header inside the wall over those windows. If so, you can't miss hitting some solid backing for those memorial flags. Allen Johnson showed me something he used called gorilla hooks, I think. They work kind of like a giant suture that you put into sheet rock when there is no stud.
See you next month, Lord willing.
Love;
Dad

Momathon October 22, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

You two are adorable! That picture looks like a fake backdrop.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP