Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Late Start, But One None The Less

A ways back I decided to begin school with Providence this year, I thought I would just do this and that daily to start with. Well "this and that" was short lived...getting smaller and smaller till it faded completely away (shame on me, I know).

When talking with my sisters about my frustration they strongly encouraged getting a complete curriculum (more for me then Providence), that way I'd have lesson plans and such.
I'm a lister, always have been and probably always will be so this sounded fantastic. Well today was our first day and may I just say Providence was soooo ready for this. She loved it and so did I, I felt like I was playing school in second grade and it was very satisfying.

For writing (since it still seems to be hard for Providence) we made letters out of play dough, I was really happy with how hers came out and so was she...then I had her spend 10 quiet minutes coloring in a book and
wonder of wonders SHE STAYED IN THE LINES, for the most part anyhow, you can clearly see it's colored and not just scribbled over (which is how nearly all her "artwork" had been in up till now). Seriously one day of school and this, call me crazy but I could see marked improvement from the beginning of the picture to the end.
Photobucket
I love lesson plans, I love having a list, I love coloring in the lines.

6 comments:

Nessa October 28, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

GOOD JOB PROVIDENCE. LOVE THE DOUGH LESSON!

Ivanna October 28, 2008 at 5:45 PM  

So wonderful! I'm glad you started, I know Providence (and you) will love doing school. She already loves learning.

Osanna October 28, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Good job! I think you will find such joy in teaching through lessons. As we all know Providence is a model student!! She's such an eager learner - which makes teaching well - more fun!

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest picture of Providence! How exciting, her first day of school!

Sarah October 28, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

I'm SO glad it went well!! The play dough was a great idea! Good job Providence. If you need any cool free teacher resource websites let me know, i have TONS saved from all my teacher prep classes. Keep up the good work both of you!

Momathon October 29, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

How fun. As a fellow list lover I am so happy for you to feel the endorphin rush of checking things off! (Oh and the joy of teaching your child, too ;-)

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP