Monday, October 20, 2008

This Lord's Day

On the Lord's day Providence and I play a game and watch a movie together, this week was her pick and we played Candy Land and watched Duma (which was a pretty good movie).

Providence whooped me on the first game, I mean smashed. I think I was still back there with the candy cane man when she won. I am a poor loser...even to little kids, I don't like to lose and I don't like to let them win, I mean what's that going to teach them? I'll admit I've gotten a little softer, I'll even do a slow jog from time to time in a "race." But for the most part you play to win, right?

So into our second game it began to look up when Providence got stuck on some licorice not once but twice, I could taste sweet victory when low and behold she somehow made it to two squares behind me and then passed me it was a real nail biter but thankfully I recovered at the last minute and sailed in to win by like 5 squares. She then insisted we play another game so we went 2 of 3. She beat me again, badly again, but I consoled myself by realizing it's a game of complete chance, even so I'm still licking my wounds.

I still enjoy playing games, even when I lose so perhaps I'm not too much of a poor sport.

I want to go to an Eric Hutchingson concert for my birthday (it's around then) but don't really have anyone to go with. Is it completely pathetic to go to a concert by yourself? It doesn't sound too fun, anyone done it?

8 comments:

Kalle October 20, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

Hi Lis, I've come over from Drea's blog. About the concert thing...totally worth going alone. I'm going alone to the BSB this November and my seats are about 30 rows closer than if I were to have gone with someone! Once you're there you get lost in the music anyways!

I love the sweet victory grin Providence is giving you in this photo.

Have a good day, Kalle

Nessa October 20, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

Good Job Providence. It sounded like you Two had a lot of Fun. Love the picture of her. Her smile says BRING IT ON AGAIN :)
As for going to the concert by yourself,it's not to bad. I went to the Kenny Chesney concert by myself. It was actually fun.

Sarah October 20, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

What a fun tradition you guys have started! I love those kinds of things!

Brittany Martin October 20, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

Next time you should play Scrabble. I bet you would win!

Ivanna October 20, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

You have, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, mellowed out one the sore looser issue. But I've always loved to play with you, it makes victory so sweet when it means something to other. Plus, it's always been fun hearing you shout "Winner (pointing to yourself), Looser (pointing to me)!"

Lis October 21, 2008 at 7:24 AM  

Brittany- I probably wouldn't, I always lose at scrabble, always. Though on second thought that's not a bad idea, break my losing streak you know.

Jenn October 21, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

I'm pretty competitive too! lol!!! but try to tone it down a bit when playing with my children. hehe =)
I still really like to win!

Providence's face is too cute! love that victory smile!

Momathon October 22, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

I went to a concert alone this summer. It was fine. Maybe being 38 makes it easier, but it was great because I could leave when I wanted :-)
(plus you end up enjoying the music with the strangers around you, anyway.)

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP