Sunday, October 26, 2008

Years Past: Part VII

In Hawaii when the time came for a baby shower a friend offered to hostess it, but since I knew a total of like 10 women and I wanted to include Joe in it and marines are always looking for some way to have a party our guest list ended up being primarily men. What does a baby shower composed chiefly of marines look like? Well to begin: 2 kegs of beer and some food, they'll figure out their own entertainment after that. Our unconventional shower ended up being really fun, and some of the guys even got us presents (like a lunch cooler wrapped in a beer case box with duct tape...I actually still use the cooler). This day is of particular special memory since this pictured was captured, nearly half of these guys were killed in the same helicopter crash Joe died in.
Photobucket


8 comments:

Ivanna October 26, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

I've always loved that picture. What a great "family" you had in Hawaii.

Sarah October 26, 2008 at 6:15 PM  

The military really is it's own kind of family isn't it. What a great memory!

Drea October 26, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

awe wow.. what a special photo to have.. and a great one at that. Great memory.

Nessa October 26, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

What a beautiful picture. may those who were killed RIP. nice baby shower :)

Beth October 27, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

That one brought a tear to Dave and My eyes.

Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

This is one of my favorite pictures. I'm so glad it was taken. I love you.

Julie October 31, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

I know you through my sister Deborah, and we met in CA when I came out to visit once, and I didn't know Joe....BUT I can totally pick him out, I think. Is someone on his shoulders? Because the face sure looks like Providence....and if not, oops! Don't be mad. If so, what a sweet gift that she looks like her daddy! And you are an amazing mom, by the way. Hugs to you! Julie (sister of Deborah W.)

Lis October 31, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

I remember you Julie, and you picked him out! Providence does look a lot like her father.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP