Saturday, October 4, 2008

Busy Like There's Something To Do

It's been raining off and on today, so besides the attending the regular storytime at the library this week we also went to a story/craft time today. Fancy Nancy was the theme and we made crowns after reading, singing, and dancing, yes even moms (sung and danced that is, unfortunately we didn't get to make crowns. How cool would mine have been...um really {in case you didn't pick that up} to get an idea I added the feather on Providence's crown, and that's just a small taste of what I can create, baby). They also had a dress up basket filled with fun. Providence insisted I be included. She likes us to match, but I don't mind it too much either. I'll even admit to getting dressed some days and somehow Providence ends up in something quite similar, I don't know how it happens sometimes, but my subconscious has to be working it out. So to end this bit we like the library, I think I've said it before...well the library likes us too.
And you can totally see my crows feet emerging in this pic, I feel so grown up!


When we got home our neighborly neighbor invited us over to check out their horses they just brought to their property, even Mary
Scot was invited, so with a break in the rain (and a very beautiful one too) we walked over there and checked them out, Providence has even been invited to ride one of them next time they saddle them up. We couldn't very well come home before getting a few jumps in on the trampoline. What is with getting older? Everything fun turns dangerous, all I was thinking about was catapulting off the thing and getting severely injured.




While I was busy typing up our day thus far, Providence was busy teaching school (have I mentioned she wants to be a teacher when she grows up? No? Well that's another story). Those dogs may look well behaved but don't be fooled. Some of them are in BIG trouble for not looking forward, and you're supposed to pay attention to your teacher, you know. Mary Scot takes the cake for being the disruptive student however, she kept harassing the teacher, and I'm pretty sure that's frowned upon at school.

7 comments:

Drea October 4, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

I love the pic of you 2. so cute.
The photo of her teaching school is precious as well. We have so many stuff toys... the boys rarely play w/ them.. Caleb does more so than Taite.

Nessa October 5, 2008 at 6:24 AM  

Love the pictures. hope she has lots of fun when she goes ridding. Love the picture of Providence being a teacher. it's to cute.

Sarah October 5, 2008 at 1:37 PM  

Oh my goodness she is so adorable!! She definitely takes after her mommy ;) I hate when my stuffed animals get out of line too, you'd think they'd have learned by now. Good thing Providence is in charge, she'll get them straightened up :)

Jenn October 5, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

hehe, luv the feather...totally makes the crown!

Deepa October 6, 2008 at 1:51 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deepa October 6, 2008 at 1:52 AM  

Seeing Prudence teach her stuffed toys reminded me of my childhood. Playing 'teacher,teacher' (the word HAD to be said twice for effect!) was one of my favorite games! I even had a book with the names of my dolls and teddies written down and I would use that for a roll call!

And now, I'm a teacher in the true sense of the word! The magic still hasn't worn off! I love my job!

Beth October 6, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

You two look very cute in your sparkly shinyness.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP