Monday, October 6, 2008

Breakfasting Observed


Last week I read CS Lewis' A Grief Observed, I was rather surprised to read so many feelings that I had. Surprised more so to find I no longer have many of the feelings I once did, and really how far away that rawness feels. Yes waves may still rush over from time to time, and they may always. But I'm no longer walking in a dreamlike state, waiting for nothing knowing it will never come back again, yet waiting and waiting. For life? To feel life. To want to feel it. I know that each persons grief is different, but reading words that my heart has felt was good, to see where it's been, and where it's at. I'm not as happy as I once was, but I think I can say that I may have more joy, and peace. That something is deeper, and that I love my Lord more and more.

And on to daily life: Providence wanted to have an indoor picnic for breakfast, she made us cereal and laid a blanket out for our eating pleasure, what a lovey.

5 comments:

Drea October 6, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

Please tell me why my kids wont eat cereal LOL.. I cant get Caleb to eat cereal w/ milk... he eats some dry.. but not often. Taite will eat some cereal w/ milk.. but only unhealthy ones like cocoa puffs hehe. lots of sugar!

Nessa October 6, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

aww she is too cute. Kayla wont drink Milk. Its driving me crazy lol.

Jenn October 6, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

Thank you for sharing such a deep pain so openly...

I'm no expert, but I have experienced a lot of loss...and you are so right, Grief is a process that takes time.

I like CS Lewis. Wonderful reads.

Be good to you and continue allowing yourself to feel...whatever that is for the moment for you.

Lifting you up in prayer...

Providence is so so cute! I have one child who eats cereal with milk, and one who eats it dry...won't eat milk...

Ivanna October 7, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

You're such a fun mom!

Sarah October 8, 2008 at 11:33 PM  

I love to see how Providence's mind works. It seems like she makes your house a constant environment of childhood spontaneity (not sure on that spelling, too tired to double check) and creativity. You have obviously provided her with a home she feels free to think and be in- kudos to you mommy!

I am glad you are feeling that your heart is healing. I can't imagine the loss you have experienced, I can't even pretend to. Thank the Lord that the Lord is there to help us through the tough times (and good as well). He's the only way to any true healing.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP