Sunday, March 2, 2008

Book Ends

Last summer I started reading classics to Providence like Charlotte's Web, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, Mary Poppins, etc. They have just enough pictures to enjoy and still be able to need loads of imagination; and written so well that I think I am enjoying reading these as much as she is. We have slacked quite a bit since moving, sticking to easier reads, mostly picture books, though we did check out My Father's Dragon from the library a week or so ago, it is very silly, quick, and fun read. There are two more in that series we are looking forward to reading as well. This past week we started Heidi. Providence's newest role obsession of course is Heidi, once a day she will tell me that she's Heidi "But who will be the grandfather?" This is another ritual of hers, pleading with her question who will be so and so (depending on whatever story she is playacting in) that I will step in and playact also. As I am typing this now, "Heidi" is playing up in the pasture taking care of the goats with Peter and gathering flowers, so off I go to be "Grandfather" and maybe read another chapter of the book before church.

2 comments:

Anonymous March 2, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

Heidi is such a good book. I loved it the first time I read it, and the second, third and forth times it only got better. I'm so glad you are reading good books! Cannot wait until Good Friday or the day before!
Osanna

Anonymous March 9, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

Tell "Heidi" that grandfather Papa wants some help feeding the chickens and her duck when she comes to visit our mountainside home with the fresh air. I don't think she will mind that it's really closer to being a valley. We can visit the beach too, and smell the ocean air together, once again!
Love;
Dad

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP