Friday, March 28, 2008

Strange Happenings

This morning my brother sent me a text picture of Hope in the hospital. I quickly called to find out what was the matter, and he told me that she had some kind of allergic reaction with swelling in her hands and feet and spreading. It happened so quickly they decided to bring her in to get checked out. After getting off the phone with my brother we all gathered together to say a prayer and two minutes later Ivanna walks in carrying Providence (they had been on a special outing together) saying "Providence has hives."

Her poor hands, feet and up her limbs were swollen with angry red blotches. I freaked out saying that Aaron was in the hospital with Hope right now for this very thing. This past week, though separated by states, both of the girls have been having diarrhea and randomly throwing up, so combined with that and that they both had this allergic reaction the same day-actually within an hour of each other, it really worried me. I called a good friend to ask her advise and she recommended that I just go have it looked at, once in the urgent care lobby however the swelling and redness had already been drastically reduced. Then I find out my insurance was not accepted and it would be a $150 deposit just to be put on the waiting list to be seen, ummm, I don't think so. I thought I would pick up some Benadryl myself, since Hope had just been given Benadryl and sent home with the swelling receding. I also asked my friend (a doctor) to look at the rash to put my mind at ease, what a blessing to have friends willing to lay down their plans selflessly to comfort and assure, and the spirit of this whole particular family is so calming. By the time we got to their house Providence seemed back to normal and walked in saying something about having "the hives". After the examination I was told to just keep an eye on her and we proceeded to fly some kites together.





So far no one else seems to have gotten anything, and I hope it stays that way.

1 comments:

Anonymous March 30, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

Wow, that's pretty crazy! So Hope and Providence must have been exposed to something at the same time that caused the Hives. I had hives once, after spending a stress-filled day with my sister. I remember wearing silk pajamas to work the next day because it hurt for anything else to touch my skin. Jim got Hives once from eating a large piece of fruit that was covered with insecticide when he was a boy.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP