Saturday, March 8, 2008

Having A Hard Day

No, I'm not having a hard day, that is one of the phrases oft on Providence's lips. Providence tells me nearly everyday, and it's heightened when required to share something "so very special" with Hope, "I'm having a really hard day"; oh and everyday her "tummy doesn't feel good"; and one more, though not really a phrase- if I give her instruction (i.e. do NOT put the flash drive in your mouth it is not a kazoo and that could break it) she will start crying, sobbing really, about missing someone, lately it's been Aaliyah, Oma was the misser of choice before her. It's gotten to the point that I will not allow her to cry about missing someone after I have given her instruction (i.e. you may not jump on the bed, though usually she is allowed to, while Joy is on it you could hurt her). I've found the water works start if the instruction is intense, when there could be damage to whatever she's doing I must have an urgency in my voice that affects her so. But it appears to be a round about way to have a fit and I don't allow the sobbing anymore, boy she can really work herself up. She can still cry about missing people, she could even cry about being sorry for doing some unknown wrong, just not like that.

Gram, who has been here for the last week is going home today. In the middle of her stay here I overheard Providence tell her "I love that you came to visit me" It was so sweet and we will sure miss her. Our coming weeks are quickly filling up though, next week comes Oma, then we will drive to CA, then the Johnson's are coming back with us, yay! We will see them everyday for almost a month, don't go and get sick of us now Johnson's.


4 comments:

Anonymous March 8, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

Our first year here in Texas was hard on the kids. But it seemed to be hardest on Wyatt. He was 2 1/2 when we moved and he wanted "to go home" every time he got upset about something. It takes time.

CAjohnsonfamily March 8, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

We could never get sick of you!!!!! We miss you so much! It will be good for all the kids to be together.

In Everything March 9, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

The "tummy aches" and intense tears must be girls at this age...my little Anna is doing the same thing. I actually took her to the doctor after Christmas suspecting a urinary tract infection ..... nope it was nothing. Just a little girl trying to fuss and whine her way through discipline moments and meals.

The strangest thing though is that she is timid when around new people, but other than that she's really very sweet, kind and obedient. SO these random ways to manipulate her parents aren't the NORM.

Although you probably feel bad calling her out on the fussing, I think you're wise to do it. I can't imagine have a 10-yr old fussing b/c she can't do some ridiculous activity that she knows you don't approve of.

Anonymous March 12, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

Your the best mom in the world. Providence is such a delightful little girl. We pray everyday for you two to adjust in your new home and be showered with many blessings.

I loved spending a week with you two, it was such a blessing to me and a special time.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP