Sunday, March 30, 2008

Questions Of Life

I love how interested in life children are. Full of questions, wonder, and delight.

The other day we were conversing while Providence did her business, which if you must know, is a normal everyday occurrence. Those with kids know children are not quick to be embarrassed by their bodily functions, and are actually quite proud of them.

So Providence asks me "Why do children poop? Why do all children poop? Why does everyone poop?"

She seemed so distressed with this knowledge of something affecting everybody, so I tried to explain as best I could that God designed our bodies to not have to carry around everything that we eat. We would get very large if that were so. Instead our bodies are able to assimilate the nutrients from the things we eat while digesting and then we expel the waste. As a home schooler (because a home schooling mother is always schooling, no matter the age or environment we find ourselves in)
I was quite proud of my explanation, quick and to the point, knowing that my daughter idolizes me and trusts wholeheartedly all the I say.

She then looks at me out of the corner of her eye and skeptically says "You sure?"

2 comments:

Ivanna March 30, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

I love those side looks she gives. It's nice that she actually believes you when you tell her something new. I have to get her to check with you so often.

Osanna March 30, 2008 at 7:05 PM  

Yeah, I've got to get her to check in too. I guess it's a good thing that she doesn't just believe anything!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP